VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: POSITION VICE-CHANCELLOR & DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
UNIVERSITY COUNCIL OFFICE
The Council of the DMI-St. Eugene University (DMISEU) intends to appoint Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice Chancellor to assume offices from the first quarter of 2020. DMI-St. Eugene University is an equal opportunity Employer.
- VICE CHANCELLOR
Job Purpose: Reporting to the President- University Council, the Vice Chancellor (VC) is responsible for strategic leadership in academic, administrative and financial management of the institution in attaining its role in the country’s economic, social and cultural growth and development through teaching, research, public service and innovation. As the Chief Executive Officer, the VC is the face and Chief Spokesperson of the University.
The Vice Chancellor shall lead the development of the University’s educational strategic goals, frameworks and policies including the following:
- Implementing the University growth and development plans.
- Supporting the country’s human capital development.
- Promoting good labour relations within the University.
- Have direct oversight of day to day operations of the core academic activities.
- Ensuring educational quality assurance and compliance.
- Providing leadership in resource mobilization and management.
- Having oversight on student service, welfare and academic support.
- Creating and maintaining networks with partners.
- Developing and building partnerships with other Universities, government and nongovernmental organizations as well as, bilateral
and multilateral donor communities.
Qualifications and experience
- Holder of authenticated earned PhD, Masters and Bachelors Degrees from accredited and recognised Universities.
- Renowned scholar who must have attained at least the rank of Associate Professor or an individual of similar stature.
- Accomplished record of scholarship, research, teaching and public service.
- Have 10 minimum years experience at senior management level of at least Head of faculty or Director in a University or similar institution.
- Experience in administrative and financial management.
- Demonstrable ability to create networks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in resource mobilization.
- Strong track record of public service and social enterprise.
Key attributes and skills
- Strong Social Entrepreneurship skills.
- Communication skills – possess high level oral and written communication skills.
- Reliable, self-confident with humility and integrity.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Openness, flexibility, receptive to change and ability to manage change.
- Visionary, with ability to inspire others.
(2) DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC)
The University is also looking for Deputy Vice Chancellor in Academic with established track record in academic and Research fields. Minimum Qualification should be at Associate Professor Level.
The University offers a competitive remuneration package for the person appointed to the position of Vice Chancellor as determined by the Council.
The Vice Chancellor is appointed to hold office for a period of two (2) years which is renewable for a further similar period, depending on performance.
Applications marked “POSITION OF VICE CHANCELLOR” must be addressed to:
P.O.Box No: 330081, Lusaka.
Email Address: email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS 15TH NOVEMBER 2019, 17:00 HOURS